Thursday, July 28, 2011

Grocery Shopping Process

This is my process of what I do before I step foot in a store.

1) Make a menu.  This can be time consuming, but well worth it. Hardly ever do I stare in the fridge not knowing what to make for dinner because I have a menu. I also rarely have to make a rush grocery store run because I have my ingredients.
2) Make a scratch list. Write down everything that you will need that week or month.
3) Shop your own pantry and freezer. I have a "freezer list" and a "pantry list" to make things easier. This will eliminate buying something that you already have. It will also help you to make sure to buy those random things that you don't buy often. 
4) Enter what to buy on the awesome spreadsheet that my husband made. (I will put that one here once I he gets home to show me how)
5)Print the list
6) Go Shopping!


It seems like a lot. But to spend a bit of time putting this together it makes meal making for the rest of the weeks so much easier and less stressful.

No comments: