Monday, August 8, 2011

Healthy Living and Running

I am going to jump on my soapbox for a bit and then I will step down.

Heathly living, healthy eating, and running. I have a confirmation that these three things go hand in hand. I went back to my hometown this weekend. We arrived Friday night and Saturday morning I went for my run. I ran for 30 minutes in a town that is hillier than my own and it felt great (well other than almost getting hit by a car, I don't know how he didn't see me, I was wear bright pink and it was light outside). Sunday on the other hand was a whole other story. I could barely make it 15 minutes before I felt like my lung were going to explode and my legs were going to give up on me.

What was different?

I didn't eat well. I barely had any fruits, veggies, or grains. Most was proccessed and filled with all the junk that I don't normally eat. I also hung out for bits of time  in a house that is smoked in. Granted the person wasn't smoking while I was there, but I could feel the thickness as soon as I walked in the door. Probably not so good for the lungs.

It made me "officially" realize that food is fuel. It's not that I haven't always known this but I felt it first hand what happens when your body doesn't get the fuel that it needs.

It has made me feel even stronger in my views that we need to eat healthy and to make sure that I can help other to be able to eat healthier when they feel that they can't afford it.
Cut out all the junk that for some reason manufactures decided to put into to make it sweeter, prettier, last longer, etc.
Less proccessed more whole. Less invented, more real.

No comments: