Monday, August 1, 2011

Shopping Trip Week 1

I was very proud of myself this week. I managed to stick to my list except for flour and lunch meat. I wanted to make cookies and bread and wouldn't have had enough flour to do all that. I added the lunch meat simply because I forgot and didn't want my poor husband to starve as this is what he eats for lunch.
I spent a bit more than I had hoped, so I will have to adjust my menu and budget the next weeks.

Grand Total: $86.30
Left to spend:213.70


Milk was .20 cheaper! Big deal when you buy on average 18 gallons a month.

The poly bags on the Walmart receipt is popcorn. This is such a great snack or munchie. It is high in fiber, so cheap (at .05 per serving), and can easily be altered. Our favorite toppings are kosher salt, parmesan cheese, and cinnamon & sugar. I am excited to try to make chocolate popcorn. I will have to omit the peanuts since Warren can't have them yet. Not quite healthy, but a great frugal dessert.
What's you favorite popcorn flavor?

In case you are wondering why in the world I have two Walmart receipts. I made a mistake that I had never done before. I left an entire bag on the turn style. Oops. Luckily, Walmart believed me and let me have my items back for free. Lesson learned.

If there is anything on the receipts that you are curious what it is feel free to ask.

No comments: