Monday, August 22, 2011

Thursday Meals, Friday Meals, and McDonalds

Thursday-

Lunch:
Home- spaghettti, peas & carrots, peaches
School- pb & j, mashup, greek honey yogurt, apple slices

Dinner-
Chicken Club Casserole
peaches

The casserole was a dish from the freezer. This meal for me was big! It has tomatoes & spinach and my husband still loved it. The mayo is an unhealthy part of the casserole and I read that you can substitue plain yogurt for mayo in casseroles and salads, but I haven't tried it. Has anybody tried this? I just can't bring myself to ruin an entire meal if it tasted weird.


Friday-

Lunch:
Home- grilled cheese, broccoli, pears, cottage cheese
School- graham crackers, honey yogurt (used plain yogurt and added honey), peaches & pears, cheese stick

Dinner:
Coldmeat sandwiches, applesauce, yogurt, chips
(I packed this meal for our trip. Score for not catching fast food on our way out)



And then...

We got a late start on our way back home and we were all hungry so we stopped at McDonalds. We managed to stick to the dollar menu, except for the dollar menu because they aren't on there.


3 comments:

Emily said...

Does your McDonalds have nuggets on the dollar menu? Here we could get three 4 packs of nuggets for $3 vs. the $3.xx you pay for a ten pack.

Brie said...

Kudos! Good job on your shopping this week, or lack there of! I was really wondering if you could do it! And you did! What did you do for milk?

Feeding My Family said...

@Emily, I looked at the McDonalds we were at and there wasn't any on the dollar menu, but they didn't have the apple dippers on the dollar menu either. I asked about those since they are on the dollar menu in our hometown. I will definitly ask about the nuggets next time. Thanks for the tip!

@Brie, Thanks!! I still have a half gallon of milk. I have been limiting the amount of milk that goes down the drain via cereal bowls. (That could be a blog post)