Monday, August 8, 2011

Nothing Like a Trip to Kill the Budget

On our little trip we took this past weekend it costed us. Costed us $70.25 in food.

Here are the reasons why:

-Dinner. Note to self, no matter how late you are running, pack dinner. Spending $24.81 at McDonalds just isn't worth it. Although I know that there are cheaper ways of eating at McDonalds and we usually do that, but well. Long trip, running late, lack of motivation.
How we eat cheap at McDonalds if interested: For our family we could have gotten 1 McDouble, 3 apple dippers, 2 McChickens, 2 small fries, a ten piece nugget, and waters for about $14. That would have fed us just fine and is normally what we get. The kids share the 10 piece nugget.

-I forgot to pack my ingredients. I chose to make an oriental salad for a class reunion because I had those ingredients on hand. I didn't have to buy anything. Well, I realized 2 hours away from home that I forgot the ingredients. Talk about a "darn it" moment. So here I go to Walmart. $17.32 later I walk out with my ingredients, cereal (because we don't eat sugar cereal and wanted to make sure we didn't have to), and some other items that you see scratched off because they aren't food. Yet another reason why I should never go to Walmart unplanned.

So almost an entire weeks budget on barely anything.

No comments: